CHOA will have events to gather people and share information from Arcadia, and our region.
2 main efforts by CHOA will be coming up in the next months:
- In February 2024, CHOA will resume speaking to City Councilmembers in-person to urge then to vote for Affordable Housing in Arcadia, in the Rezoning and Inclusionary Ordiance. Join us to speak to District 4 Councilmember Paul Cheng, and District 5 Mayor Pro Tem Michael Cao.
- In the end of April 2024, CHOA will have another Sharing Session to update on possibly the Safe Parking Program, and Affordable Housing built in Arcadia.
Below are the events CHOA has held since starting in the Spring of 2022. We have a Sharing Session every 6 months. Take a look what we did by clicking the dates links below. Contact us to get the password for these web pages (see the videos).
- Nov. 4th, 2023 – Sharing session at Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration, when Mayor April Verlato spoke about affordable housing being built by the San Gabriel Valley Regional Trust, and CHOA shared on the Housing Element, Affordable Housing, and the Safe Parking Program.
- Sept. 15th, 2023 – Pray for Housing – We were led by Hope International Church in prayer for housing in Arcadia. This is our prayer list for the next 12 months. Please continue to pray for housing until the next election in Nov. 2024.
- April 29th, 2023 – Sharing session at Hill’s church, on what CHOA is doing, and what you can do to reduce homelessness, and build affordaable housing.
- Nov. 5th 2022 – Gathering to hear about Short-term efforts, the Housing Count, the Hill’s Church food distribtuion, and from Abundant LA.
- April 30, 2022 – Exploring Arcadia Housing Solutions…our first gatheirng, led by Jill Shook, with Making Housing and Community Happen, in Pasadena.